Just because you are on this website is evidence enough that you’ve got what it takes to grow you’re own food.
It’s a smart brave move on your part to take control of your food and where it comes from. To know that it’s safe and truly nutritious.
Join the ranks of the grassroots garden renegades that are popping up everywhere! When we grow food, we are making an impact on our health, the community, the environment and helping to localize our food system for food security. AND yard farming can be a real income generator.
If you are serious about growing food, this is the place! It pays to get started learning everything you can so that you can have the success you’re looking for sooner than later.
WARNING….once you get started you’ll be hooked.
Record numbers of people are growing food in pots in the window, on the patio, plots in the backyard, front yard, curb sites, public parks, schools, businesses…food can grow almost anywhere!
Where do you want to grow?
Here’s what you need first: Make a Plan and Get Organized
- Evaluate your life and what time you can make available for the project.
- Plan for the size garden you can realistically manage.
- Assess your growing space options. Make sure you consider:
- Do you have permission to use the space? Short or Long Term?
- Does the area have at least 6-8 hrs. of sunlight daily? Make a sun map (google “sun mapping”)
- Does it have a safe, convenient water source?
- Will it need fencing to minimized wild life distrubance?
- Get a calendar to use just for the garden to schedule your plan.
- Get a folder or large manila envelope so you can attach receipts for all your garden seed, tools, investments. You can record and date each oneon the outside of the envelope. Data is important and will help you get the most from your garden adventure with less waste and cost. Attach pages that keep track of garden notes, like: Garden map plan, yields, pest problems, budget…
Equipped with the right information you can get to your goal much faster than most. This planning can help you save money too!
We’re with you every step of the way, so get on the Farm-A-Yard email list so that you don’t miss the announcement of our next FREE course. (check your spam folder too to make sure out emails are not getting lost!)