042 – Seedy Insights
with host Linda Borghi
Welcome to Week 3 of our Grow It Don’t Mow It – 30 Days to Starting a Successful Yard Farm! This week is all about Seeds.
You’ll find a new post every day in April on our Patreon feed with different information on how to plan and start your food garden this year. If you’re joining us after April 2018, please make sure to check out our Patreon feed for all our delightful garden-starting content.
Seeds…Linda is in awe of them! She has been “seeding” the food movement for a very long time. In this podcast episode, she shares some of her life changing history with seeds. Did you know that 92% of seed varieties have gone away because people stopped growing them? Linda covers a lot of ground in this podcast to help you learn how to choose seeds for your zone, how to map the sun to determine where to place your garden and even how to grow pea shoots in 10 days!
This podcast is made possible by funding by our Patreon supporters.
Please support our podcast at https://www.patreon.com/FarmAYard
- The Growing Pea Shoots tutorial will be in the Think It Out Thursday downloadable packet this week on Patreon, along with information on sprouting for cooking, lists of seed catalog companies, information on starting seeds, printable forms to add to your Farm-A-Yard binder, and much more. Make sure to follow us or support us on Patreon see https://www.patreon.com/FarmAYard/posts for all our Grow It Don’t Mow It – 30 Days to Starting a Successful Yard Farm posts!! Become a patron on Patreon to make sure you don’t miss out.
- http://farmayard.podbean.com/ – Podcast webpage
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/farmayard/ – Facebook Movement Community
- http://farm-a-yard.com – Join the Movement, get on our email list and check out our blog
- https://www.facebook.com/letsfarmyouryard/ – Our Facebook Like Page
- https://www.youtube.com/user/lborghi1?&ab_channel=Farm-a-Yard – Our YouTube channel
Music credit: “Insomnia” by John Sheehan. Used with permission.