051-Nothing But Billions Part 2 of 6
with host Linda Borghi and guest Wayne Roberts
Make sure you listen to part 1 of this series of podcasts with Wayne Roberts, who is a Canadian food policy analyst and writer, widely respected for his role as the manager of the [Toronto Food Policy Council], a citizen body of 30 food activists and experts that is widely recognized for its innovative approach to food security, from 2000-2010. As a leading member of the City of Toronto’s Environmental Task Force, he helped develop a number of official plans for the city that were adopted in 2000-2001. So these plans are working!
In this episode, Wayne shares with us how can we save a city billions of gallons in water! Wayne shows us four ways! Water is the most precious resource on the planet and gardeners growing food in their yards can save a city the size of Philadelphia 40 million gallons of water and he will show you how! Wayne’s analysis will cause you to realize just how powerful gardens can be to solve our water crisis! This knowledge has impacted the city of Toronto, Canada, and can also bring amazing benefits to your city too! We want every city planner across this country to realize how millions of dollars can be saved by the huge benefits that gardeners can provide their city. This is no joke!
This podcast is fascinating and empowering!
This podcast is made possible by funding by our Patreon supporters.
Please support our podcast at https://www.patreon.com/FarmAYard
- https://www.patreon.com/posts/down-garden-path-18822082 Wayne Robert Link
- http://farmayard.podbean.com/ – Podcast webpage
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/farmayard/ – Facebook Movement Community
- http://farm-a-yard.com – Join the Movement, get on our email list and check out our blog
- https://www.facebook.com/letsfarmyouryard/ – Our Facebook Like Page
- https://www.youtube.com/user/lborghi1?&ab_channel=Farm-a-Yard – Our YouTube channel
Music credit: “Insomnia” by John Sheehan. Used with permission.