033 – Mix Your Own Potting Soil
with host Linda Borghi and guest Evan Folds
Evan Folds, our favorite “Soil Doctor”, and Linda discuss the considerations when preparing your potting soil as the next step to getting a jump start on your spring garden.
What percentage of ingredients for a good soil mix? You first have to understand what the plant needs? Making your own soil is a lot like preparing a recipe for the plant to be able to breathe, eat and drain well. The recipe is a flexible guideline, and adjustments are needed based on your observation of the plant as it progresses. Good nutrition for the plant depends on soil microbe development and so much more!
This podcast is made possible by funding by our Patreon supporters.
For extra free content or to become a patron please see us at https://www.patreon.com/FarmAYard
- http://farmayard.podbean.com/ – Podcast webpage
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/farmayard/ – Facebook Movement Community
- http://farm-a-yard.com – Join the Movement, get on our email list and check out our blog
- https://www.facebook.com/letsfarmyouryard/ – Our Facebook Like Page
- https://www.youtube.com/user/lborghi1?&ab_channel=Farm-a-Yard – Our YouTube channel
Music credit: “Insomnia” by John Sheehan. Used with permission.