040 – Garden Planning on a Bridge
with host Linda Borghi and Farm-A-Yard Co-Founder Marsha Howe
Welcome to Week 1 of our Grow It Don’t Mow It – 30 Days to Starting a Successful Yard Farm! This week is all about Garden Planning & Sun.
You’ll find a new post every day in April on our Patreon feed with different information on how to plan and start your food garden this year. If you’re joining us after April 2018, please make sure to check out our Patreon feed for all our delightful garden-starting content.
Find out how gypsy gardener, Marsha Howe grows! Marsha is a “treehouse” apartment dweller who grows in many different and unusual places around her town. Her project on a public walking bridge over a freeway, with no water source except the rain, gives her permaculture skills an opportunity to expand by applying principles that make this project simple and super easy to maintain with minimal cost and time.
This podcast is made possible by funding from our Patreon supporters.
Please support our podcast at https://www.patreon.com/FarmAYard
- See our Patreon Page on Think It Out Thursday for our downloadable packet of Garden Planning & Sun Tips including help on mapping the sun in your own yard
- http://farmayard.podbean.com/ – Podcast webpage
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/farmayard/ – Facebook Movement Community
- http://farm-a-yard.com – Join the Movement, get on our email list and check out our blog
- https://www.facebook.com/letsfarmyouryard/ – Our Facebook Like Page
- https://www.youtube.com/user/lborghi1?&ab_channel=Farm-a-Yard – Our YouTube channel
Music credit: “Insomnia” by John Sheehan. Used with permission.